Thursday, March 19, 2009

PERL/PHP Programmer

I resumed programming when I discovered Perl and how it was used to make websites.

Putting PERL into action, it was deployed on Qru Studios Incorporated for several newsletters, including "Tech Tips" (browse it HERE)

Learned PERL from a Quick Refrence Card, Learned PHP from the Online Help
Read O'Reilly Books cover to cover while working at an ad agency and isp which fired up a dev toolbox I was all too eager to explore

Eschewing plugins, I crafted a text-file database system from scratch, using it's abstraction to remove incompatability with proprietary plugins when hopping platforms.

Late I created Intranet Applications for Business Recordkeeping, Payroll, Legal Documents and Web Site Generation, including calendars & forums, much like the features Yahoo and Google have developed to this day.

1 comment:

  1. Perl is the best scripting language for Text processing and handle regex. I have posted few articles related to those at my blog

    http://icfun.blogspot.com/search/label/perl

    Also Perl's Cpan has lots of support that I don't even need to think extra while developing project. I didn't find such help on other programming language except Java and .NET

    ReplyDelete